Friday, January 23, 2009

HOLYOKE YMCA


Ok so my kids are 4 and 6 and I am finding myself at the Y more and more. The new director Ed Toole has been impressing me. He has upgraded the play room and my 4 yr old loves it. There are a lot of new programs to get kids more active. Coming from a mom who's kids think that the WII and the Nintendo DS are what you do in between going to the bathroom and eating the activities are a good thing. We just started TBall it is in the gym and it is just fun for the kids. I like it because I find that my kids want to do everything and as a teacher I see kids are to often over scheduled. I always said that my kids would play one sport a season and these little programs are great fillers. We do swim team 2-3 days a week and they want to play another sport. Now they can play TBAll. There are no games, no team to let down if you miss a practice it is just fun and excercise. I really like what I am seeing from the new director. NOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT PARKING AT THE Y!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment